Donor Advised Funds
If you have already benefitted from the immediate tax deduction offered by donor-advised funds (DAF). You should know the UT Health Science Center San Antonio is an IRS qualified public charity and thus is eligible to receive contributions from your DAF. Please follow the instructions provided by your fund regarding minimum contribution, the process for recommending grants etc.
UT Health Science Center’s tax identification number is 74-1586031
Please make checks payable to UT Health Science Center San Antonio and mailed to the following address:
UT Health Science Center-San Antonio
Office of Gift Planning
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MC 7835
San Antonio, Texas 78229
Alternatively a limited number of DAF sponsoring organizations are participating in DAFDirect. (Fidelity Charitable, Schwab Charitable, BNY Mellon Charitable Gift Fund, Greater Kansas City Community Foundation)
To recommend a gift to the Health Science Center from your donor advised fund in this new streamlined way, simply select the new check box option (in left column).
What is a Donor Advised Fund?
A donor-advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. An increasingly popular charitable vehicle, DAFs are an excellent way to both simplify your charitable giving and facilitate your strategic philanthropic goals.
How does it work?
- Establish your DAF by making an irrevocable, tax-deductible donation to a public charity that sponsors a DAF program.
- Advise the investment allocation of the donated assets (any investment growth is tax-free).
- Recommend grants to qualified public charities of your choice.
What are the main advantages of a Donor-Advised fund?
- Simplicity: the DAF sponsor handles all record-keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility: timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision-making.
- Tax-efficiency: Contributions are tax-deductible and any investment growth in the DAF is tax-free. It is also easy to donate long-term appreciated securities, eliminating capital gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy: a DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start-up costs: There is no cost to establish a donor-advised fund. However, an initial minimum charitable contribution is often required to establish a DAF (typically $5,000 or more).*
- No transaction fees: once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified public charity of choice.*
- Privacy if desired: donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
* Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by sponsoring organization.
The information provided on the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (University) website is intended solely to provide you with information and education about the activities of the University. The University does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. Some University sites may provide links to other Internet sites only for the convenience of Internet users. The University carefully selects the websites with which it is associated. However, it is not responsible for any information or content that appears on any website outside of its direct control. The University does not endorse, warrant, or guarantee the products, services, or information described or offered at these other websites. This information and content disclaimer pertains to all websites outside of the University’s direct control, including, but not limited to, those sites that are linked to the University web site.